COVID-19 Delayed Payment Application
Important message regarding the upcoming June 5, 2020 tax deadline:
Payment of personal property and real estate taxes are essential for the local government to continue to operate and provide critical services to the public. However, if you or your business has experienced financial loss or strain due to the health and economic crisis related to the COVID-19 breakout, you may request a waiver of the two percent penalty until June 30, 2020. To receive the waiver, you must fill out an application or answer the same prompts through the survey linked below. You must take the survey or fill out the application by June 5, 2020 to qualify.
To qualify, you must answer yes to the following three questions:
1. Do you or your business have personal property taxes that are due to the City of Poquoson by June 5, 2020?
2. Do you need an extension to pay your taxes without penalty or interest from June 5, 2020 to June 30, 2020?
3. Do you have a demonstrated financial loss or strain (reduction in wages or income) directly attributable to the COVID-19 disaster and not covered by stimulus programs or unemployment benefits?
If you answered yes to these questions, you qualify to complete an application for an extension to pay your taxes without penalty until June 30, 2020.
Or, if these options won’t work, you can call the Treasurer’s office at 757.868.3015 and provide information over the phone.
Information you will need to provide:
* Name and address associated with your tax account
* Personal property account number (printed on your billing)
* Real estate account number, address, or map number
* Email address
* Phone number